Friday, February 7, 2020

A FEW I'VE READ

I'm so pleased to welcome you to my blog, 'A Few to Read'.

Every time I read, I want to talk about it. I've been meaning to set up a blog for ages, so that I can put in words what I think and feel about my reading.

Much of the time, it will be a way for me to find some sort of shape for those thoughts, and if at times those thoughts are shapeless or rambling, then I apologise. But reading is a mysterious and strange and wonderful thing, and I quite like the fact that my thoughts - maybe yours too - are disconnected or not always anchored in plain sense.

As one_to_read on Twitter and as a primary school teacher in 'real life', I love sharing and remembering the books that can become somewhat eclipsed by the torrent of extraordinarily good children's literature being published at the moment. Books particularly loved as a child, for many of us, hold special significance, but for me I think that children's literature of the 70s, 80s and 90s was doing something very interesting, too. It's these sorts of books that will crop up lot in my blog.

New books that come out will appear too - they're too good to miss discussing and occasionally establish or hint at dialogues with those earlier books.

I hope you enjoy the blog and amongst all the books discussed, find 'A Few to Read' yourself.

Ben




1 comment:

  1. A very warm welcome to the blogosphere, Ben, even if you've gone for Blogspot rather than my favoured WordPress! I look forward to your bibliomanic ruminations, blog posts will provide so much more space than tweet threads. Bouna fortuna!

    ReplyDelete